Privacy statement Wierda Voertuig Techniek BV
Wierda Voertuig Techniek BV attaches great importance to the protection of personal data. In this privacy statement we want to provide clear and transparent information about how we handle your personal data.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will therefore be careful with any personal information.
Wierda Voertuig Techniek BV complies with applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation. This implies that, as a minimum, we:
- Limit the processing of your personal data strictly to the data that is at least necessary for the purposes for which they are processed.
- Ask for your express consent if we need it to process your personal data.
- Have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your personal data.
- Do not transmit personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary for the purposes for which they were provided.
- Are aware of your rights regarding your personal data, to point this out and to respect them.
As Wierda Voertuig Techniek BV we are responsible for processing your personal data. If after reading our privacy statement, or in a more general sense, you have questions about this or want to contact us, you can do so via the contact details below, where you can ask the Privacy Officer:
Wierda Voertuig Techniek BV
T: +31 513 72 65 55 2
2 Processing: foundations and legitimate interests
Processing of personal data takes place on the basis of the following principles from Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation:
- Carrying out a contract with you
- Statuatory obligation
- The legitimate interest of Wierda Voertuig Techniek BV
Legitimate interests include: marketing, advertising, (crime) prevention, IT management, business management, legal affairs.
3 Purposes for processing personal data
Your personal data will be processed by Wierda Voertuig Techniek BV for the following purposes:
- Building and maintaining a customer relationship including maintaining a direct relationship between the responsible and related (financial) service providers, including for commercial purposes.
- Processing orders (including invoicing and ascription), processing in financial administration and logistical processing.
- Offering customer service including service related to purchasing services and products, fulfilling warranty obligations and product recalls for our own services, handling complaints and requests.
- Maintaining communication in certain cases to proactively contact users in the context of vehicle defects or disruptions or to schedule service appointments including enabling mobility services.
- Approach you with offers or other commercial information. You always have the option to unsubscribe by submitting a complaint. All communications indicate how you can do this.
- Measuring customer satisfaction, providing management information and determining the overall business strategy.
- Complying with legal obligations, settlement of disputes and enforcement of our rights and agreements.
- Being able to offer a test drive or otherwise temporarily making a vehicle available. For this we may ask you to identify yourself with a valid proof of identity and/or, when necessary, we make a protected copy of your driver's license or passport/identity card for the duration of the use of the vehicle. We do this to establish your identity and to make it possible to make a declaration if there is a suspicion of theft or there is evidence of demonstrable damage or misconduct.
- Recruiting staff and keeping you informed of the status of your application.
4 Personal data we process
For the above purposes, we may request the following personal information from you:
- Name and address data
- Contact details (telephone numbers, e-mail addresses)
- Date of birth, driving license number and/or social security number for vehicle registration(s)
- Financial data (bank account information, quotes, invoices)
- CV and motivation letter
In addition, Wierda Voertuig Techniek B.V. in the context of the implementation of an agreement with you or the provision of a service to you, processes the following information that may qualify as personal data:
- Chassis number and your vehicle model
- Technical data about your vehicle
- License plate of your vehicle
- Maintenance history of your vehicle
- Other data relevant to the agreement
If you use services from Wierda Vehicle Technology BV or otherwise have contact with us, we process the following data in the context of our service provision – depending on the precise use you make of it – that may be regarded as personal data:
- Your communication preferences (for direct mailings)
- Site behaviour, determined on the basis of analytical cookies
- Customer Satisfaction Information
5 Sharing with third parties
We may provide the information you provide to us to third parties if this is necessary for the purposes described above.
For example, we use a third party for:
- Processing customer data
- Renting out cars
- Sending newsletters and magazines
- Management of the website
Wierda Voertuig Techniek B.V. also uses third-party services that act as 'processors' (for example, hosting service providers and research agencies, with the aim of conducting market research or customer satisfaction surveys). These service providers will only process personal data in accordance with the instructions and under the control of Wierda Voertuig Techniek B.V.
We never pass on personal data to other parties with whom we don't have a processing agreement. We naturally make the necessary arrangements with these parties (processors) to guarantee the security of your personal data. Furthermore, we will not provide the information you provide to other parties, unless this is legally required and permitted. We can also share personal data with third parties if you give us written permission.
We only process personal data of minors (persons younger than 16 years of age) if written permission has been given by the parent, guardian or legal representative.
7 Retention period
Wierda Voertuig Techniek BV does not store personal data for longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or is required by law.
8 Website visit
When you visit or use our websites, application and communication services (such as email), functional and analytical cookies are used.
Functional cookies are required for our websites to work. An example of a functional cookie is the storage of the products that you place in the shopping basket.
Services such as Google Analytics use analytical cookies. By means of these cookies, Wierda Voertuig Techniek B.V. gains insight into the use of its websites. The privacy of you as a visitor remains guaranteed with these analytical cookies. With this data we can optimise our websites, which improves the user experience of you as a visitor.
9 Rights regarding your data, including the right to object
You have the right to inspect, rectify or delete the personal data that we have about you. You can also object to the processing of your personal data (or part of it) by us or by one of our processors. You also have the right to have the information provided by us transferred to yourself or directly to another party if desired. We naturally ask you to identify yourself before we can respond to the aforementioned requests. If you have given permission for the processing of personal data, you can always withdraw this permission.
10 Security and data protection
Wierda Voertuig Techniek B.V. applies appropriate security measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised changes as much as possible. Wierda Voertuig Techniek B.V. has taken both technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data. These security measures are periodically reviewed based on threats.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, we ask you to contact us about this. Naturally we will regret not being able to resolve this together.
You have the right to submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority, which is the privacy supervisory authority.
Changes The way in which we process personal data, and the composition or amount of data we process may change. We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement. This privacy statement always indicates the last date of the change.
If you have any questions or comments as a result of our privacy statement then please contact us via email@example.com